GALVESTON ISLAND STATE PARK
The Galveston Island State Park was named one of the top 5 “Best Gulf Coast Beaches” by Travel Channel in 2013. The park offers a quiet oasis on the island’s West End where visitors can explore the Gulf of Mexico or Galveston Bay. Families can enjoy kayak tours, beach and surf explorations, bird walks, nature field trips and fishing clinics at no cost. Many activities require advance sign-up. Visit www.fogisp.org for information. The park also offers beach camping. For information, visit http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us.
- $5 per person
Hours of Operation: :
- Open 7 days a week year-round, except for hurricane watch/warnings.
Busy Season: March through October, especially weekends.
- Galveston Island State Park,
- 14901 FM 3005, Galveston, TX 77554
- Phone: 409-737-1222
- Reservations: 512-389-8900
- Website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us